Carleton Place – Dishwasher
- Some completion of High School OR Completion of High School
- Certificate – Food Safety Awareness Program, as approved by Public Health or equivalent OR the willingness to obtain
- WHMIS Certification OR the willingness to obtain
- Not necessary but an asset
- On the job training is provided
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Read and write English
- Fluent in English
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans designated areas in accordance with procedures, mornings/evening routines and hygiene requirements
- Ensures all dishes and cutlery are clean and sanitized
- Pre-soaks all cutlery and coffee cups in solution to ensure optimum cleanliness
- Uses the properly prescribed chemicals
- Washes all pots, pans, inserts etc. and cleans all kitchen equipment when called upon and as per the cleaning schedule
- Puts dishes in proper place throughout the kitchen and serving areas
- Removes trash and clears kitchen garbage’s
- Keeps the kitchen area floors swept, cleaned and washed at all times
- Assists with prep work under the direction and supervision of a qualified cook
- Cleans and organizes all related work equipment and work areas
- Assists in other duties as directed by the Executive Chef or designate
- Works in kitchen and dinning room areas
- Working with others
- Subject to extreme heat/extreme cold (stove, ovens and freezers, dishwashing machine)
- Flexible Work Schedule – Works shifts, mornings, days, evenings and weekends
- Carrying (3.0-24.0 Kg)
- May be required to stand for long periods of time
- Sitting, walking, crouching
- Varying lumbar and cervical rotation, as well as shoulder reaching
- Wrist must be capable of moving in all planes
- Various forms of grip, pinching and finger dexterity required
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check.
- You must be able to work with Dogs and Cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level.
- Available on call and in emergency situations.