Carleton Place – Food Services Coordinator
- Certificate – Level “Cook 1” course or higher (Level “Cook 2” or Red Seal Certification)
- Certificate – Food Service Worker Program, as approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities OR Diploma – Cook/Chef course from an established college
- Certificate – Food Safety Awareness Program, as approved by Public Health
- WHMIS Certificate OR willingness to obtain
- First Aid OR willingness to obtain
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety procedure
- Knowledge of nutritional standards and requirements for seniors
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership and management skills
- Must be able to communicate in English (written, verbal, reading)
- 3-5 years experience in fine dining cuisine preparation and presentation
- Prior cooking experience in a retirement, residential care or hotel hospitality setting an asset
- Financial management and budget development skills required
- Strong computer skills required
Food Services Operations
- Participate in budget control through monitoring food and supply costs and minimizing waste
- Order food and supplies and complete month end inventory
- Develops menus, standardized recipes to ensure consistency and quality of our food
- Participate in the development of departmental policies and procedures, utilizing input from Team Members, Residents and families whenever possible to ensure their implementation
- Supervise maintenance of records and reports relating to food costs, inventory of equipment and supplies and department budget
- Manages total expenses equal to budget set in the annual budget process
Quality Improvement/Risk Management
- Ensure that all policies relating to Health and Safety are adhered to
- Complete audits relating to Quality Assurance
- Ensure that sanitation regulations and safe food handling procedures are followed
Resident Service Focus
- Demonstrate a genuine desire to be of help to others
- Apply a broad understanding of Resident’s needs to monitor satisfaction and take corrective action when necessary
- Develop effective relationships with Residents and professionally work with them to solve problems and ensure Resident needs are met
- Anticipate issues that go beyond Resident requests in order to meet their goals and needs
- Look for creative ways to resolve Resident requests in a way that meets the needs of all stakeholders
Results Driven Focus
- Strive to meet personal objectives and accepts responsibility for all areas of the job
- Encourage critical thinking and innovation in problem solving activities
- Secure the resources and support required to accomplish goals through negotiation and influence
- Proactively anticipates and address concerns of employees, peers, upper management and clients by formulating alternative/creative solutions to problems
- Set departmental goals and the programs and processes required to achieve them
- Ensure that Team Members have clear goals and responsibilities and supports employees in their efforts to achieve job goals
- Provide specific performance feedback, both positive and corrective, on an on-going basis dealing firmly and promptly with performance problems
Human Resources Management
- Ensure the department staffing levels are appropriate to meet the needs of the Residents and the current budget
- Hire, orientate and schedule all food service Team Members
- Ensure that all new Team Members receive an orientation in keeping with SSL expectations and policies
- Complete job routines for each position
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check.
- You must be able to work with Dogs and Cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level.
- Available on call and in emergency situations.