Carleton Place – Receptionist
Qualifications: Must have a minimum of Grade 12, ability to answer phones and transfer calls, Microsoft Office Suite – especially Word, Excel and Outlook. Pleasant mannerism, neat appearance, and good teamwork skills. Available to work various hours on a call-in basis and some coverage for vacation or sick leave for other office staff.
- Answer the telephone within three rings and transfer appropriately.
- Good Customer Service skills, particularly with Walk-in Inquiries as well as residents and their families and friends.
- Answer General Inquiries and make an effort to fill out inquiry records and tracking sheets.
- Take information from Inquiries for the Retirement Community and book tours when possible.
- Become knowledgeable in marketing procedures and able to follow through with them and assist CRC Team
- Assist with resident move in procedures.
- Prepare temporary or permanent contracts as needed
- Record, type, distribute and file minutes of committee or team meetings.
- Familiar with frequently used forms and know where to find a master to make copies or find on the computer to make changes as needed.
- Familiar with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepare mail for posting; opens mail and distributes mail as required.
- Able to order, receive and control office supplies / code invoices for processing/ and maintain related accounts payable information as required or requested by Head Office.
- Maintains all office records pertaining to residents and staff in established filing protocol.
- Performs typing services for all departments
- Receive and store safely residents’ monthly payments, cash or cheques.
- Able to operate office equipment such as printers, fax and copiers, etc.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Proficient on some form of computer billing / accounting systems
- Understanding of the Maintenance Work Order system.
- Must be able to communicate in English (written, verbal, reading)
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check.
- You must be able to work with Dogs and Cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level.
- Available on call and in emergency situations.