Orleans – Activities and Volunteer Coordinator
- Communicates / shares the Vision, Mission, Goals and Core Values of the organization to all team members.
- Creates and shares a department vision that supports the organizational goals in a way that excites and motivates team members– able to articulate a vision for optimum resident care.
- Creates a supportive environment for team members to foster individual motivation that results in high levels of both individual and team performance.
- Develops employees through coaching and counseling.
- Exhibits a passion and enthusiasm for retirement community (i.e. possesses a desire to “make a difference”).
- Recognizes achievement by both individuals and departments when appropriate.
- Ensures that employees understand their role in the department / organization and how important their contribution is to our success.
- Participates in community activities to promote our Home specifically and Retirement Living generally.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English
Continuous Quality Improvement
- Seeks to continuously improve department services and performance.
- Seeks performance feedback from a desire to continually improve their performance.
- Consults with team members and peers to obtain ideas for improving the quality of processes and services.
- Keeps abreast of new trends and best practices in health care and recreation for seniors.
- Manages total expenses so that these are less than or equal to budget set in the annual budget process.
- Involves team members in budget planning on an annual basis.
- Ensures team members understands their role in the financial success of the department
- Sense of humour
- Amazing curiosity
- Personable, friendly, welcoming
- Calm, even-tempered
- Not afraid to share information and not afraid to ask for help.
- Articulate / Initiative
- Diploma in Recreation and Leisure Studies and / or Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation
- Adjuvant (HCA/nursing background with OT/PT/ST).
- Experience / education in cognitively impaired resident and behaviour issues.
- 3 years experience in a Retirement Home Environment
- Understanding of Palliative Care issues and related community resources.
- Able to qualify for certification / registration by Ontario – Therapeutic Recreation Ontario and / or Activity Professionals of Ontario
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check.
- You must be able to work with Dogs and Cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level.
- Available on call and in emergency situations.