Orleans – Resident Specialist
- Interacts calmly, positively, and with respect to build and maintain productive relationships with residents, families and other members of the team
- Assists co-workers whenever possible to meet residents’ needs, deliver high quality services and promote a harmonious living and working environment
- Communicates on a timely basis and includes all applicable departments in the care of our residents e.g., wellness, dietary, activities
- Supports both team and organizational goals
- Recognizes and supports the role(s) and boundaries of the RPN/LPN/RNA and the Unregulated Care Providers on the team
- Adheres to and supports Symphony Senior Living’s foundational belief, core values, service philosophy and service commitments
- Abides by the policies and procedures of the organization
- Demonstrates personal flexibility in meeting resident needs vs. completing specific tasks
- Applies new skills and knowledge acquired through training to improve quality of resident care and work practices
- Demonstrates responsibility for own health and safety
- Demonstrates responsibility for the health and safety of our residents and staff
- Demonstrates respect for others when communicating information or his/her opinion
- Finds areas of agreement when working with individuals or groups in conflict
- Must be able to communicate in English (written, verbal, reading)
- Fluent in English
- Follows up on all resident and family inquiries (takes accountability to ensure reply is given)
- Fulfills commitments in a timely and responsible manner
- Provides services in such a way that problems and unpredictable events are invisible to the resident and family
- Maintains a positive and friendly manner at all times (greets residents by name and assists family members as needed)
- Promotes actions that support best outcomes for each resident’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs
- Implements and recommends modifications to resident service plans which support the changing needs of the resident
- Acts as a resident advocate
- Respects and supports the rights of residents to maintain an independent life style with dignity in their own home
- Assists residents with ADLs such as personal hygiene, mobility, proper nutrition and socialization
- Actively participates in ADLs including resident dining, activities and life skills, laundry and light housekeeping
- Distributes resident medications in accordance with required practices and policies
- Undertakes observation, reporting and recording of ADLs and changes in resident conditions per the required policies and procedures
- Is knowledgeable of the emergency procedures for the community
- Applies the principles of proper infection control
- Performs safe handling, lifting and positioning of residents
- Applies the principle of healing processes and skin integrity
- Escorts residents who require assistance to and from dining room and activities
- Shares responsibility for the housekeeping and laundry duties
- Appropriately calls for assistance when required
- Actively participates in in-service programs
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by the Department Coordinator
- Hard Working
- Demonstrates integrity
- Demonstrates initiative
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check.
- You must be able to work with Dogs and Cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body
- decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level.
- Available on call and in emergency situations.