Orleans – Wellness Coordinator
Education/Qualifications – Ontario
- RPN in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Required in all provinces
- Computer skills – advanced working knowledge with Word, Outlook and graphic software
- Up to date Standard First Aid and CPR
- 3 – 5 years Management Experience
- Previous marketing and sales experience is an asset
Resident Service Focus
- Demonstrates a genuine desire to be of help to others
- Applies a broad understanding of Resident needs to monitor satisfaction and takes corrective action when necessary
- Develops effective relationships with Residents and professionally works with them to solve problems and ensure Resident needs are met in a manner that supports the corporate mission
- Anticipates issues that go beyond Resident requests in order to meet their goals and need
- Looks for creative ways to resolve Resident requests in a way that meets the needs of all stakeholders
Results Driven Focus
- Strives to meet personal objectives and accepts responsibility for all areas of the job
- Encourages critical thinking and innovations in problem solving activities
- Secures the resources and supports required to accomplish goals through negotiation and influence
- Sets departmental goals as well as the programs and processes required to achieve them
- Provides specific performance feedback, both positive and corrective, on an on-going basis dealing firmly and promptly with performance problems
- Builds teams that are founded on principles of openness and integrity
- Supports others to make decisions about their own work
- Creates a supportive environment for Team Members and Volunteers as evidenced by the ability to bring the team together and build employee engagement
- Fosters a climate of openness, trust and solidarity among Team Members and Volunteers by treating each person as a valued Team Member
- Takes a proactive, positive view of Team Members and Volunteers and their capabilities, ensuring they understand their role and responsibilities, counseling and
- supporting them in improving their skills
- Embraces the “big picture”, establishes direction and aligns people to build commitment to achieving goals
- Sustained walking, sitting, standing, squatting
- Carrying (3.0 – 15 kgs)
- Varying lumbar and cervical rotation, as well as shoulder reaching
- Wrist must be capable of moving in all planes
- Various forms of grip, pinching and finger dexterity required
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries, issues and concerns
- Short and long term memory capability
- Alertness, concentration, judgement and decision making
- Ability to empathize
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check.
- You must be able to work with Dogs and Cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level.
- Available on call and in emergency situations.